Just a reminder, that Saturday, October 20th, is our fall cleanup day at The Fells. We will gather at 9:00am in the parking lot outside the clubhouse. We will be doing some trimming around the mailbox gardens and the pool, transplanting some perennials (if you have any perennials you can donate let us know), and a few other jobs. The purpose of this day is to do some minor cleanup work in our neighborhood common areas while getting together with our neighbors and building our community spirit. We will also be doing things we would otherwise have to pay someone to do! It is always a fun morning which will likely end by 10:00-10:30 and will be followed by a chance to share a cup of coffee/tea and a treat.
Here is a tentative list of tasks:
• Sweep rocks from road near clubhouse and Fells Drive curve (and any other area deemed needing this)
• Clean out area at the entrance and possibly do some planting
• Trim dead growth from shrubs and plants around club house
• Pick up trash along Baboosic Lake Rd. between Josiah Parker Trail and first house to the left as you turn onto Baboosic Lake
• Clean the walking path of debris and pine needles, and dead branches
• Clean out mail hut
• Remove pots by pool
• Clean area around pool---trim plants---possibly dig up some hostas
• Clean up garden area on the berm
• Dig up low evergreens in mail hut garden area
• Clean-up as needed on Glen Ct and Trailside islands. Clean-up suggestions welcome
• Paint small areas on trim at clubhouse
• Paint base of street lamp posts in need
• Plant bulbs for spring flowers!
Do you have suggestions for other things we should do? Let us know!
We could use a few people who would be willing to bring breakfast-type treats for participants. EVERYONE is invited to share in the coffee and treats around 10:00.
If you have any of the following, please consider bringing them:
• chain saw
• small garden hand spade
• hand clipper to trim bushes
• larger clippers/loppers to trim branches
• bow saw
• electric hedge trimmers
• Wheelbarrow/garden cart
If you would like to participate, please email Suzanne Francis at email@example.com with your top 3 choices of jobs you would most like to do. If you just have 1 thing, that’s fine too! We will send an email with assignments a few days before this event!
THANK YOU, and Happy Fall to everyone!